Saturday, January 12, 2013

poems to earth

The Sport

I made up my own sport
but how can I do it?
I don't have a basketball.

The Pumpkin Patch

Did you know  the pumpkin patch
is full of pumpkins?
Except I don't have pumpkins
in mine.
Instead I have balls.
And at Halloween I carve balls.

The Dollar Bird

Did you know that we don't have a mailbox?
Well instead I just call the Dollar Bird.
He gives us our mail
and we read the newspaper.

The Sweater Machine

The sweater machine washes sweaters
did you ever know?
The sweater machine
makes them clean.
And that is how we get our sweaters clean.

The Sheep Mower

Did you ever know
that we didn't have a lawn mower.
We have a sheep mower.
It mows up the grass
and makes pictures in the grass.
We do it to the snow.
We do it to the grass.
We do it to the leaves.
And that is how we get our lawn mowed.

Jimmy the Hippopotomous

Did you ever know that I have
a brother that's a hippotomous
named Jimmy.
Sometimes he cuddles
with his baby hippopotomous
and the hippopotomous bite each other.
They're not very nice.

The Surprise Underpants

Did you ever know
that everything can be a surprise.
And I gave my brother a surprise.
It was
UNDERPANTS!
He threw them away.
My dad screamed at me.

The Homework Machine

Just put your papers
in the homework machine
if you have homework to do.
It will make them clean
and then you can start all over again.
And then you can even
do it with your clothes too.
Especially your pants
and your underpants.

No comments:

Post a Comment