Saturday, December 1, 2012

The World is Made of Poems

The Silly Watermelon

I squeezed a watermelon
and there wasn't any juice coming out.
I wonder what happened
to my watermelon?
Perhaps my little sister.


The Nail Polish Dance

I was putting nail polish on my nails
only if you know why.
Perhaps I'm getting ready
for the nail polish dance.
The nail polish dance?
Whoo hoo!
And I danced
at the nail polish dance.


Drippy Ice Cream

I went to the ice cream parlor
to get some ice cream.
When the ice cream parlor
was holding my ice cream
it dripped.
When she was giving it to me
it dripped.
When I was holding it at the table
it dripped.
And when I licked it
it dripped.
Drippy drippy ice cream.


Broken Glass

I was washing a glass at the sink
and I dropped it
and it broke.
Perhaps my mom was mad.
I hit my mom.
(Editor's note: I asked Grace, "Do you want people to read this and think you hit your mom?" to which she replied, "No ... I'll tell them it's just a poem.")


My Puppy Poodle

I had a poodle
and I was walking it.
My poodle screamed at me
and I said, "Shhh,"
and he calmed down.
He was running away
and I said, "Come back,"
and he came back.
He was running in the grass
and I said, "Time to go in,"
and he went in the house.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Grace,
    These poems made me smile and feel pretty happy. Why? Because they reminded me that we live in a world with ice cream and poodles and watermelons and little sisters and dances. I like all those things! And you know what else I like? Poems! I especially liked the nail polish poem. Perhaps now I'll go paint my nails!
    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Melissa,
      Did you see the title? It's called The World is Made of Poems. I love poems too. My favorite poem that I wrote is the one with the watermelon because I like when it says "perhaps my little sister." Thank you for writing.

      Love,
      Grace

      Delete